FAQ and Support
Technical Help and Advice
- Plug the dongle into the cars OBD port.
- When you start the diagnostic test the dongle will automatically connect to your smartphone via Bluetooth. If not please proceed as follows;
- Once the dongle is connected, go to your phone settings and select the Bluetooth option.
- Search for Bluetooth devices. When you see AutoLOG appear you have found your dongle.
- Once selected you then need to pair your dongle with the phone.
You will only have to do this once as long as you do not remove the paired dongle from the paired list.
If your MIL light is illuminated then when you run the AutoLOG PRO or PRO+ diagnostic test it will be show as switched ON as the test runs through the various system checks as well as indicating associated Diagnostic trouble codes. (DTC’S.) At the end of the test a text box will appear on your phone and ask if you want to turn off the MIL light and erase the DTC’s. Press the “yes” box to turn off the MIL and erase the DTC’s, pressing the NO box will leave the MIL light on and retain the stored DTC’s.
If your MIL light does not turn off this means that the fault or faults that caused the MIL to be turned ON are still present and therefore can’t be erased until the problem has been fixed.
Credits and Top-ups
- If your transaction failed please call one of our customer service team on: +44 (0) 121 522 5589